Today is the last Monday of my first year at WashU. Here is a brief overview:
- Arrived to St. Louis after 8 hours of driving on August 23, a Tuesday. Moved in Wednesday and attended orientation the next day. Parents left Sunday. 😦
- First day of classes ever: August 29th. I remember feeling so lonely. Everyone already knew people and I hated my floor, and I felt really excluded from my suitemates, both racially and interests-wise.
- Then things started turning around. I met Nydia, reunited with my SOAR friends, become closer with some of my suitemates.
- October 15-18: went to Chicago with Rachel during Fall Break where I stayed at her house, met her family, ate amazing home-cooked Colombian food, and visited her twin sister at Northwestern.
- Oct. 28-30: parents came for parent’s weekend but I had a MGT 100 test and a math test the following week, so we couldn’t really see each other 😦
- November 18: my birthday, my birthday party with Grace and Wendy. One of my favorite memories thus far 🙂
- Dec 21: last final. flew home at 3 PM. End of first semester.
- Jan 11: Wendy came to Atlanta for the remainder of winter break.
- Jan 18: first day of spring semester.
- March 12-18: the first few days, I spent spring break in Atlanta and the rest in Pasadena with Anisha. We ate so much and I have so much gratitude for her family.
- March 24: Rachel’s birthday party. So many mistakes I will forever regret.
- April 15: impromptu Chicago trip with Wendy. so fun, so much good food.
- April 16: EASTER! 😀
- April 24: Today, last Monday of spring semester.
- May 6: leave for Atlanta
- May 7: leave for Singapore
- END OF FIRST YEAR AT WASHU.